SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PURCHASING COORDINATOR – CAPE CANAVERAL
- Issue purchase orders quickly and without error
- Ensure purchase orders are acknowledged by suppliers
- Obtain the original promise date from suppliers
- Review open order report and manage deliveries
- Resolve invoice issues and ensuring that vendors are paid on time
- Support buyers in cost savings initiatives
- Lead miscellaneous procurement projects
- Bachelor's degree
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to type 90 words per minute
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, finance, business or supply chain
- Purchasing experience
- Remarkable problem solving skills with a bias for speed
- Quick learner and ability to prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Strong technical knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to conduct all activities with the highest degree of integrity
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced work environment
- Flexible to work long hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.