SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Support non-flight purchase requirements as needed
- Collect and understand customer requirements
- Request and compare quotes from suppliers
- Issue purchase orders and revisions
- Follow-up with supplier to obtain acknowledgement of purchase orders and promise dates for new purchase orders
- Proactively provide updates to SpaceX management and internal customers on all critical supply issues
- Assist with preparation of scorecard reviews with key suppliers
- Resolve invoices issues
- Maintain current supplier contact information
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience within purchasing, supply chain, or a similar field
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum GPA of 3.3
- Demonstrated success with managing a project/program to completion
- Advanced Excel knowledge and/or programming experience
- Experience with SQL and/or Tableau
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Remarkable problem solving skills
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Experience in procurement of MRO products
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and ability to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.