Senior Human Resources Representative
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES REPRESENTATIVE - REDMOND
As a Human Resources (“HR”) Representative at SpaceX, you will be given the opportunity to partner with some of the most talented professionals in the world: executing people strategies to retain talent, coaching employees and managers on HR policies and guidelines and working to ensure the SpaceX Mission is a constant reality for all employees. We serve as trusted professionals providing guidance and feedback to our client groups driving efficiencies and best-practices in a highly dynamic and fast paced organization.
- As a first point of contact, respond to employee inquiries, questions and complaints
- Provide information, guidance and direction to Satellite development leadership on employee relations issues, workforce analysis, performance management, and other core HR functions
- Strategize with managers, directors, and senior leaders to streamline and implement HR practices to help leadership achieve business goals
- Work closely with the functional experts in HR (Recruiting, Training,and Development, and Compensation & Benefits) to ensure programs are optimized for the needs of your client groups, and to shape SpaceX-wide programs
- Counsel and provide assistance to employees and managers, guided by the Company’s policies and relevant laws/regulations; conduct investigations and monitor performance
- Facilitate internal transfers, conduct exit interviews, and identify trends to support retention, career development and to minimize risk for the business
- Assist with the creation, documentation, and implementation of HR policies, programs, and processes
- Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
- Responsible for maintaining employee files and processing HR transactions in Workday
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of HR experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience supporting engineers as well as non-exempt, production technicians
- Demonstrated success on an HR team
- Experience handling employee relations issues, including conducting investigations and monitoring performance
- Human Resources certification, or professional Human Resources affiliations
- Experience using Jobvite, UltiPro, and/or Workday
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use independent judgment to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrated excellence thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.