Fleet Operations and Management Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FLEET OPERATIONS AND MANAGEMENT ENGINEER
- Manage technical aspects for fleet operations of SpaceX satellite constellation.
- Plan, test and conduct command and flight software uploads.
- Create and use intelligent SW analysis tools to detect and predict on-orbit failures by analysis of large, multi-ship telemetry logs.
- Work with subsystem area responsible engineers to forecast failure modes and effects.
- Flight Dynamics: manage climbout, insertion, stationkeeping, debris avoidance and deorbit operations for all spacecraft in the constellation.
- Master’s degree in engineering.
- 3+ years of work experience.
- Prior work experience in one or more of the following - Python, MATLAB, C, C++.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD degree.
- Managerial expertise in leading small teams.
- Software development capability demonstrated in multiple languages in large distributed systems, in a scientific or data-processing field.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.