Integration Technician - Dragon Cleanroom
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Integration Technician – Dragon Spacecraft
As an Integration Technician on the Dragon spacecraft, you will be responsible for delivering an assembled vehicle to the launch site. The task requires both avionics and mechanical integration skills along with pneumatic and avionics checkout activity. Your diligence and attention to detail will not only ensure mission success from launch to capsule splashdown, but will also ensure the safety of our astronauts.
- Assemble, install, and test flight hardware.
- Use precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers.
- Hands on operations with both large and small fragile assemblies.
- Read and interpret technical drawings, and follow detailed work instructions.
- Perform high pressure pneumatic testing.
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions.
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction.
- Collaborate with production engineers and quality personal to develop and document activities.
- Ensure all production services are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 3 years of at least one of the following trades:
- Structures assembly
- Propulsion hardware assembly/test/installation
- Avionics hardware assembly/test/installation
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment.
- FAA Airframe and PowerPlant license.
- Experience in fast-paced production environment with flight hardware.
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion engines.
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity.
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical drawings, manuals and reports.
- NASA-STD-8739.3 certification (currently or previously held).
- NASA-STD-8739.4 certification (currently or previously held).
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments.
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production.
- Proficient with computers and the ability to use MS Office.
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be willing to travel. Up to 5%.
- Must be able to climb ladders and be comfortable working in tight spaces.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, over time, and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.