Manufacturing Engineer - Avionics Electro-Mechanical Assembly
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER – AVIONICS ELECTRO-MECHANICAL ASSEMBLY
- Develop new assembly processes as necessary for new product introduction, including equipment specification, flight qualification, and ongoing process control
- Drive production efficiency improvements, including robotics and automation, to reduce labor, component cost and maximize quality
- Integrate existing machinery with MES/ERP system to automate data transfer and streamline manufacturing processes
- Support production processes with troubleshooting and nonconformance resolution
- Perform structured root cause analysis of in-process failures.
- Maintain production documentation and procedures
- Perform training of production personnel and leadership
- Bachelor of science in electrical, mechanical, aerospace, or manufacturing engineering
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in process engineering, manufacturing engineering, or software/test engineering
- Minimum 1 year of experience with high-level programming and database languages such as Python and SQL
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years of software development experience in manufacturing environment
- CAD experience (NX/Unigraphics preferred)
- Experience with vision recognition software and camera systems.
- Experience with ultrasonic welding processes
- Working proficiency with DFMEA and PFMEA methodology and implementation
- Experience with microelectronics manufacturing processes
- Experience with automated test methods such as flying probes or bed of nails
- Six Sigma Belt certification
- Ability to create and deliver presentations for IQ/OQ/PQ, PDR/CDR, and government customers
- Ability to identify and analyze production process improvements for rate and quality
- Create Return Of Investment analyses to support capital investment projects
- Hands-on engineer with a passion for continuous improvement and building the best hardware
- Demonstrated capability solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative design environments within the consumer electronics, mobile handset, medical devices, aerospace, marine or automotive industries
- Working experience in an AS9100 or equivalent quality system
- Position may require long hours and weekend work
- Some travel may be required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.