Supervisor, Training - Production
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPERVISOR, TRAINING - PRODUCTION
- Lead and manage a team of technical trainers and training personnel in developing and delivering key process and business systems training throughout production
- Manage construction expansion projects
- Develop and lead project teams towards innovative software solutions to manage, calendarize and track training throughout SpaceX
- Implementation and management of training software solutions within production, and subject matter expert for supporting departments
- Responsible for the steering and coaching of the business for autonomy within entire training landscape
- Develop, initiate, coordinate and enforce system policies and procedures
- Training capacity planning for courses and personnel
- Coordinate with engineering to ensure course content meets specifications.
- Manage the development of all training materials within production.
- Influence the production management team for the delivery of key performance measures
- Effectively engage management, engineering, quality, and SMEs to gather required technical information on complex manufacturing processes and technologies
- Independently analyze, review and research manufacturing processes and machine operation to develop concise course materials and presentations (e.g. PPTs, handouts, and tests)
- Run & facilitate process improvement workshops, training and information briefs
- Utilize production optimization tools (swim lane charts, work balance boards, string diagrams, storyboards etc.) in order to remove waste from the processes and delivery desired output quality and rate.
- Manage strategy for mentorship program
- Validate effectiveness of training courses
- Responsible for record keeping of conducted classes
- Train staff to identify opportunities for improvement of manufacturing efficiencies, quality stability & reduction in costs, through the systematic removal of waste from the process
- Deliver the 5S process training, application, measurement, and sustainability
- Deputize as department lead in the absence of the manager
- Will support any operational needs or requirements as applicable
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering field, or 5 years of technical leadership experience
- Minimum of 1 year of technical leadership experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total cost equation
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production
- 5 years of leadership experience
- Leadership experience within a manufacturing or production environment
- Ability to influence executive, leadership, engineering, and production teams
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering and production
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Strong analytical, computer, and written skills, including Microsoft applications (Excel and Power Point)
- Ability to train production management and technicians to apply continuous improvement
- Highly motivated with a great attitude for change management
- Position may require long hours and weekend work
- Must be willing to travel to all SpaceX sites as required
- Must be a self-starter, team oriented with an ability to handle multiple time-sensitive projects bringing them to successful completion
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.