Sr. Wireless Protocol Test Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Wireless Test Engineer
- Develop, maintain and extend test automation infrastructure
- Create test plans, templates and strategies for multiple test flows – unit tests, functional tests, hardware in/out of loop tests
- Maintain and continuously improve test collateral and processes, continuous integration, BVT systems
- Execute functional testing, system testing, regression and performance testing
- Interpret test automation results and track new and existing test failures
- Prepare reports documenting test results, test coverage and other KPI metrics, and communicate issues effectively with developers and managers
- Keep abreast of latest advances in test and automation practices
- Bachelor of Science degree in CS, CE, or EE
- 5+ years of experience in C/C++ and Python
- 5+ years of experience testing cellular 3G/4G or WiFi or similar protocol stacks
- 5+ years of experience with Linux and Linux tools for Automation
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Expertise in utilizing common test tools and network equipment, including packet load modules, network emulators, etc.
- Demonstrable experience in script development for test automation
- Demonstrable experience in creating test plans and setting up test beds
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite - JIRA, Stash, Bamboo
- Experience software development and test processes including TDD, BDD, Agile
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.