Sr. Structures Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR STRUCTURES ENGINEER - SATELLITES
- Drive the design and development of primary and secondary structures for satellites
- Own hardware delivery from inception, through design, assembly and launch
- Use hand calculations and finite element analysis to perform rapid design trades
- Perform stress analysis, calculate margins and write reports
- Perform structural testing at coupon, subscale and system levels
- 8+ years of experience with structural design, analysis and test
- 5+ years of experience with CAD and FEA
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Hands-on project experience, preferably as a team or a sub-team lead
- Experience with structural testing, composite materials, and mid- or high-volume production
- Proficiency with NASTRAN and FEMAP
- Proficiency with Unigraphics NX6 (or later version)
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.