IT Systems Engineer - Application Infrastructure
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER - APPLICATION INFRASTRUCTURE
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Application Infrastructure Engineer to support the deployment and automation of critical systems and software in the SpaceX environment. Candidates should have experience working in diverse technology environments, supporting the installation and deployment of complex applications and infrastructure. Experience with the .NET framework (and associated languages), the Microsoft SCCM suite, Powershell, and a thorough understanding of physical and virtual hardware environments is required. The ideal candidate will also be flexible and will flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position.
- Design, test, and deploy web application infrastructure to support applications within the SpaceX ecosystem, with a specific focus on Microsoft .NET web applications.
- Work closely with internal software teams to provide automation and deployment infrastructure support for internally developed software
- Utilize stash, bitbucket, or similar code collaboration platforms to manage the software development life cycle
- Use build automation tools such as Jenkins, Vagrant, and other platforms to support the build process
- Evaluate external scripts and code for integration with existing tools
- Make performance recommendations to development groups regarding server hardware, networking, and storage components
- Create documentation and disseminate information about tools, methods, and best practices to other SpaceX IT and Software groups
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Completed bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems/IT, applied mathematics, physics, or similar technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience in application infrastructure engineering in an enterprise environment
- Experience in supporting software organizations, with an emphasis on agile development practices and continuous integration
- Experience with the .NET framework and accompanying languages
- Experience with the hardware, storage, and network infrastructure required to support large scale web applications
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities
- Ability to address and resolve information technology issues promptly, effectively and independently
- Ability to take a highly technical idea and communicate it to others through alternative descriptions
- Preference will be given to qualified local candidates
- Must be physically fit enough to regularly lift up to 30 lbs. for duties such as UPS battery replacement, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment, or moving large equipment racks
- Typically a minimum of 50 hours per week, schedule varies depending on site operational needs, extended hours are common, flexibility required
- Provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of SpaceX datacenter systems for upgrades and maintenance
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.