Application Packaging Engineer – Windows Software Packaging
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
APPLICATION PACKAGING ENGINEER – WINDOWS SOFTWARE PACKAGING
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Application Packaging Engineer to test, create, and deploy critical software within the SpaceX Microsoft compute environment. Candidates should have experience working in diverse technology environments, supporting the installation and deployment of complex third-party and internally developed tools and applications to both servers and clients. Experience with the Microsoft SCCM suite, Powershell, and common API’s and Windows Application frameworks is required. The ideal candidate will also be flexible and will flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position.
- Design, test, and build common application installation scripts and packages within SCCM for deployment to Windows Desktops and Servers in the SpaceX enterprise
- Work closely with internal software teams to provide automation and deployment support for internally developed software
- Utilize stash, bitbucket, or similar code collaboration platforms to manage the software development life cycle
- Manage custom software deployments in Microsoft SCCM, integrating with third party tools and API’s
- Evaluate external scripts and code for integration with existing tools
- Software deployment of third party applications on Windows 10 client platforms
- Create documentation and disseminate information about tools, methods, and best practices to other SpaceX IT and software groups
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Completed bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems/IT, applied mathematics, physics, or similar technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience working in application packaging engineering in an enterprise level environment
- Experience with the Microsoft SCCM Suite, with a particular focus on Configuration Manager
- Experience with scripting and programming languages such as Powershell, Bash, Perl, Python, etc.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of the .NET framework, along with its commonly used languages and libraries
- Experience developing and deploying both “thick” and web applications in enterprise environments
- Knowledge of the Windows 10 client operating system, including registry, paths, and other common application relevant information
- Must be comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities
- Ability to address and resolve information technology issues promptly, effectively and independently
- Ability to take a highly technical idea and communicate it to others through alternative descriptions
- Preference will be given to qualified local candidates
- Must be physically fit enough to regularly lift up to 30 lbs. for duties such as UPS battery replacement, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment, or moving large equipment racks
- Typically a minimum of 50 hours per week, schedule varies depending on site operational needs, extended hours are common, flexibility required
- Provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of SpaceX datacenter systems for upgrades and maintenance
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.