Vehicle Systems Certification Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
VEHICLE SYSTEM CERTIFICATION ENGINEER
- Support the Launch Vehicle Certification Manager with various U.S. Government (U.S. Air Force/NASA/NRO) launch vehicle certification tasks, including but not limited to:
- Presenting technical data on launch vehicle design, analysis, and testing to government representatives
- Collaborating with SpaceX technical departments to prepare design, analysis, and testing data packages and briefings
- Leading the verification and validation process for government certification and launch vehicle interface requirements, including assembly of verification data packages
- Working with SpaceX technical departments and discipline certification leads to ensure product deliveries are on schedule
- Supporting internal and external program and regularly scheduled reviews
- Organizing and supporting recurring technical interchange meetings
- Tracking data product deliveries, action items, and data requests
- Working directly with government on-site residents
- Helping technical staff understand certification effort so that they can plan their tasks appropriately to maintain schedule
- As necessary, supporting other customer activities, mission integration and launch operation tasks, schedule generation, and proposal efforts
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical, electrical, or aerospace engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of professional industry experience
- Technical project management experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience interacting with and presenting to external customers (preferably US Government)
- Technical knowledge of launch vehicle design, analysis, and testing
- Knowledge of US Government expendable launch vehicle requirements
- Knowledge of US Government testing standards and specifications
- Experience in verification and validation of requirements
- Preferred technical background and/or experience concentrating in at least one of the following areas (avionics, flight software, GNC, propulsion, structures/statics, thermal environments, dynamic environments, loads, and/or ground mechanical/fluid systems)
- Experience working with and/or managing cross-functional teams
- Highly detail oriented, diligent, hard working with excellent customer interface skills
- Highly motivated with exceptional work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be willing to travel to other launch sites, vendors, and customers as necessary. Up to 25% travel
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.