Principal ASIC Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRINCIPAL ASIC ENGINEER
- Implement ASIC / SoCs / FPGAs for multiple products, starting at the specification & design phase, continuing, through vendor down-selection, implementation, and validation. You will find innovation in performance, power and cost to build the best possible product.
- Participate in all phases of ASIC / FPGA design Flow (Synthesis, Place & Route, and Timing Closure), as required.
- Work with backend teams to address any layout and timing issues for ASICs.
- Bring-up and validate ASICs and FPGAs in the lab.
- System development and debugging.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or math.
- 15+ years of work experience.
- Previous work experience in computer or communication chip architecture.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in engineering or math.
- ASIC / FPGA / SoC System integration experience.
- Strong Silicon/ASIC design experience.
- One or more of the following - Networking, Wireless, Modem, video CODEC, Logic design experience.
- Experience with Verilog and System Verilog.
- Experience with latest simulation and verification methodologies (OVM, UVM).
- Experience with EDA tools such as HDL Synthesis (Synopsys DC), HDL simulators (VCS, Questa, IES), HDL Lint tools (Spyglass), FPGA tools (Xilinx Vivado, Altera Quartus II)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a product from concept to production.
- Previous work experience with generic IP blocks like ARM or DSP processor or ARM interconnect, cache memory.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Team-player, can-do attitude, works well in a group environment while still being able to contribute on an individual basis, enjoys being challenged, learn new skills
- Strong software design and skills are preferred.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.