Power Systems Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
POWER SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Analyze and verify vehicle electrical power modes and power budget. Work with responsible engineers to track power budget changes.
- Perform satellite energy balance analysis including photovoltaic power generation modeling.
- Model electrical power system performance and support component requirement generation including power generation, energy storage, and power distribution sizing.
- Coordinate and run electrical power system verification testing using integrated system test bed.
- Support design and development of integrated test beds.
- Support electrical power system architecture determination and perform trade studies using simulation tools.
- Analyze and track electrical power system key performance metrics during system design phase.
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with spacecraft electrical power systems and knowledge of space environment effects.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering and DC power systems.
- Master of Science in an engineering discipline.
- High level of technical computing skill using software tools such as Matlab, Excel, and Python.
- Ability to model and simulate multi-system problems.
- Enthusiasm for analysis, simulation, and test.
- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.