SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Finance/Accounting department is a small, fast-paced group that is responsible for all financial matters in the company. It is responsible for the company’s books and records and financial reporting.
The Senior Accountant will be involved with all aspects of accounting and will be a key contributor in ensuring that our books and records are accurate and that our financial reporting is done in a timely manner.
- Responsible for recording cost of goods sold and revenue recognition during month-end close and working very closely with Finance counterparts
- Responsible for lease accounting
- Create and review journal entries and maintain account reconciliations
- Assist in the month-end financial reporting process
- Analyze financial data and research variances
- Respond to questions from internal departments and external sources such as auditors
- Research technical accounting issues as requested
- Tax support
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in general accounting or a related field
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient computer skills, including Excel and experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, or other ERP packages
- Highly skilled at financial modeling in Excel
- Ideally possesses a mix of both public (Big 4 preferred) and private accounting experience
- SQL experience
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- Flexibility and agility to complete difficult tasks under tight time constraints
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, initiative, and the ability to be a self-starter
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.