Dragon 2 Mechanical Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DRAGON 2 MECHANICAL ENGINEER (STRUCTURES ENGINEER)
- Drive the design and development of primary and secondary structures for our current and next generation launch vehicles
- Perform due diligence on designs including hand calculations, FEA, and CAD
- Run design reviews internally and participate in reviews with suppliers and customers
- Own the prototype delivery timeline through inception, design, assembly and launch
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline
- Experience with CAD and FEA software packages
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with NX or other major CAD packages
- Hands-on project experience, preferably as a team or sub-team lead
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willing to travel to launch and test sites to support integration and test work, especially on first-article products
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.