Rigger - Falcon 9 Rocket
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Safely rig with round/flat slings and protectors, then lift flight hardware into and from manufacturing machines.
- Safely rig with flat/round slings flight hardware components for delivery from machine, non-destructive test and drilling workshops.
- Safely rig with flat/round slings and lift large tooling jigs and fixtures into position and onto flight hardware.
- Install tooling onto flight hardware barrel sections, safely rig with round slings, lift and breakover barrel sections from vertical to horizontal to load into circumferential stir welding machine.
- Safely rig with designed tooling and round slings to lift complete rocket stages from integration carts onto transportation trailer or dolly.
- Safely rig with round/flat slings flight hardware and lift using 6-20k forklift for delivery within Space X workshops.
- Operate air bearing carts to move flight hardware from station to station within the Falcon 9 Production area.
- At least one year of rigging experience.
- Experience operating a forklift and following basic forklift safety rules.
- Experience working around overhead or self-propelled cranes.
- High school diploma or GED.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Certified Forklift operator.
- Certified Overhead crane operator.
- Basic rigging experience.
- Experience in lifting large, odd shaped or unbalanced loads is a bonus.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be willing to travel. Up to 5%.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.