Sr. IC Layout Designer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
RFIC LAYOUT DESIGNER
As layout designer, you will be an integral part of the IC design team and lead the discipline of layout at the technical level. You will work in an integral team with the RFIC/Mixed signal designers on full chip layout of custom analog and RFIC designs.
- Working with the IC designers and chip leads to determine the chip floor plan. This includes strategies for power and ground distribution as well as working with package engineer to determine pad locations.
- Accurately estimating the schedule for the layout work and identifying areas of complexity that needs early investigation.
- Performing layout of custom RF and analog circuit blocks with attention to matching and minimizing parasitics in the layout.
- Performing DRC, ERC and LVS checks and resolving errors.
- Performing top-level layout integration with ESD structures and pad assembly and performing final tape out. Including density fill, running DFM checks and sharing GDS with the foundry.
- Work with EDA suppliers to trial new tools and features. As part of this, you will generate guides and demos for others in the team to showcase improvements in layout technique.
- Resolve minor CAD/tool issues.
- BS in electrical engineering
- 5+ years of experience with Cadence tool suite and Calibre
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong analog layout skills.
- Experience in advanced node IC layout for 22nm and below.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Able to work independently on challenging problems.
- Understand layout considerations for device matching, coupling and noise isolation.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) are required.
- Experience in layout of circuits with frequencies up to 50GHz.
- Experience in layout of sensitive RF blocks such as LNA, VCO and mixers.
- Experience in Skill programming.
- Experience in shell scripting, perl, python or similar language.
- Experience in managing revision control systems.
- Circuit design experience.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.