Avionics Systems and Integration Project Lead
SpaceX Avionics team is looking for an experienced and driven Technical Project Lead. The candidate will draw upon their technical background and program leadership skills to drive complex and challenging Avionics systems end to end.
Qualified candidates will work with multidisciplinary teams and leaders across vehicle systems – Avionics, Software, Mechanical, Propulsion, Manufacturing and Test to enable successful execution.
- Drive and track the planning, project definition, schedule, resources, risk mitigation, technical decisions, and trade-offs
- Qualified candidates will work with multidisciplinary teams and leaders across SpaceX; Avionics, Propulsion, Structures, Launch, Manufacturing, and Test
- Will enable successful execution of state of the art Avionics test projects from beginning to end
- In addition, the individual will also be responsible for improving overall team and project management processes and tools
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics
- Minimum of 2 years of technical project or program management experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent area of focus
- Minimum of 2 years of technical experience with demonstrated innovation and product/project development capability
- Experience leading electrical integration and test operations on rockets, satellites, planetary exploration spacecraft, ships, or aircraft
- Strong sense of accountability and integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, autonomously driven, and demanding atmosphere
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.