Leadership Development Specialist
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
As a Development Specialist, you will assist in the development, launch, and facilitation of learning experiences that improve the knowledge and abilities of our people managers and individual contributors. When you aren’t facilitating, you’ll be creating materials and planning/launching programs that support the transfer of knowledge between SpaceX employees.
- Work collaboratively with the HR team and leadership to design development initiatives and programs aligned with overall corporate objectives and priorities while balancing available resources
- Facilitate multiple instructor-led development workshops for employees and people managers across the organization
- Create content for instructor-led workshops and trainings, e-learning, or web content, including: job aids, training guides, and participant materials
- Conduct formal and informal needs assessments to inform program design
- Coordinate with third party vendors to source specialized resources and instruction which are outside of SpaceX’s expertise
- Develop metrics to evaluate effectiveness of development programs and facilitate ongoing discussions to improve content and approach for future endeavors
- Manage internal SharePoint sites and blogs for people managers
- Assist in the facilitation of New Hire Orientation
- Perform other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of work experience in training, development, education, publications, or other content development-related roles
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent presentation/facilitation skills with capability to support several training classes while interacting with learning participants
- Unfazed by ambiguity and comfortable in environments with shifting priorities
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in both written and oral formats with all levels of management
- Open collaborative style; ability to work in a team environment and autonomously with minimal supervision or direction
- Proficiency with MS Office products
- Ability to quickly understand new software and/or technical tools
- Experience managing multi-demand and multi-priority projects simultaneously while making effective and timely decisions
- Ability to work extended hours or weekends when required. Some travel may be needed across SpaceX locations
- Certifications in assessments (DiSC, StrengthsFinder, Hogan, etc.)
- Master’s degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Curiosity to understand the strategic priorities for SpaceX how learning and development can best address skill and knowledge gaps in the workforce
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.