Supply Chain Specialist
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Supply Chain Specialist
Supply Chain is an important process at our Rocket Development Facility in Texas. Located on a 5,000 acre site in central Texas, the Rocket Development Facility is responsible for testing hardware from development stages through acceptance for flight, and from component level to complete stage testing. This position will help to ensure that the planning of materials, the process of replenishing materials, the perfect balance of inventory and cash flow is critical to ensure the site, our Technicians and Engineers have what they need in order to achieve our overall mission of sending humans to Mars.
- Determine the level of inventory needs based upon upcoming operational schedules and customer requirements
- Set up and maintain min/max inventory replenishment levels for proper inventory reorder points
- Monitor procurement lead times to support the replenishment of customer requirements
- Ensure proper materials are on order to eliminate shortages and inventory stock-outs
- Maintain and provide continuous status of purchase orders to support requests for Inventory (RFI), production needs and replenishments, and expedite orders as required to meet customer needs
- Perform the necessary documentation to complete work orders and resolve discrepancies in order to expedite the flow of material
- Compile regular inventory reports, review and analyze for solutions to unsatisfactory trends
- Generate forecast of estimated consumption based on customer requirements and usage trends - communicate to suppliers to reduce risk to on time delivery of inventory orders
- Work with purchasing, engineering and suppliers to ensure material specification requirements are met. Partner to develop and implement process improvements
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years’ experience in supply chain material planning/inventory
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Should possess strong calculative, statistical, and analytical skill sets
- Knowledge of SQL and ability to extract queries
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, able to create pivot tables or macros, and analyze data
- Ability to make independent judgments with limited information
- Strong communication skills
- Forklift experience
- Hazwoper Certification
- APICS certification
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, carrying light to moderately heavy materials or equipment, up to 35lbs unassisted
- Occasionally exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments - heat, cold, rain
- Must be available for overtime and weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility is required
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Operate machinery to place large items in inventory
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.