Flight Hardware Scheduler
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FLIGHT HARDWARE SCHEDULER
The Flight Hardware Scheduler will assist the launch site payload team with organizing and coordinating daily integration activities, tracking and timing shipments, and movement of critical flight hardware across multiple facilities to ensure a smooth and timely stream of hardware to support optimal execution of SpaceX’s growing mission manifest.
- Work closely with engineers, purchasing, production, and the supply chain team to ensure we mitigate part shortages to meet integration and launch dates
- Develop and oversee daily Payload Integration Team schedule and ensure appropriate hardware and tooling is available to perform daily tasks
- Interface with production, test, and launch integration and logistics teams to track hardware readiness, need dates, and layout detailed staging plans for flight articles
- Determine and address material shortages for each flight, based upon MRP data and reports
- Maintain fulfillment dashboards and shortage reports
- Forecast future operational needs and facilitate the movement of hardware and resources across multiple work sites to maximize operational efficiency
- Perform assessments of past man-hour commitments and future man-hour forecasts to plan staffing needs and drive improvements
- Conduct and coordinate Production Readiness Reviews (PRRs) at the launch site to ensure mission success
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, science, engineering, or a technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience in material planning, production planning, operations management, supply chain management, material cost control, or master production scheduling
- Experience with operations planning or project management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience with MRP or ERP systems
- APICS, Six Sigma, or similar certification
- Strong skills in data analysis using Excel, SQL and Tableau
- Demonstrated proficiency in operations planning, resource management, time management, interpersonal communication, and organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced, cross functional environment, both independently and with a team
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across disciplines and multiple levels of management
- A passion for continuous improvement
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed, particularly in support of launch campaigns
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.