SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Security Officer. The selected candidate will be a dedicated security professional with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast paced high tech environment.
Accepted candidates will work as a team, patrolling the company’s Hawthorne based properties via vehicle and foot and/or ensuring security at a series of fixed locations in accordance with federal, state, and local laws as well as company regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4 years of military policing, military counterinsurgency, law enforcement, or executive protection experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6 months on the SpaceX Security Team
- Policing and/or counterinsurgency experience
- History of critical incident handling experience
- Combat, medic, or EMT related experience
- Impeccable character/integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to de-escalate disputes and/or conflict(s)
- Computer based proficiency- Specific proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Extensive team oriented experience
- Leadership experience
- A keen interest in protecting the future of flight
- Foreign language proficiency
- Eligible for a US Government Security Clearance
- Valid driver's license
- Valid state security officer license
- Meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers
- Position remains subject to periodic background checks, drug testing, and physical fitness testing
- Ability and willingness to patrol on foot or stand in a static position for extended periods
- Willingness to work 12 hour shifts on rotating days
- Willingness to travel in support of SpaceX security requirements should the need arise
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.