SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Coordinate meetings, manage schedules, make appointments, arrange and coordinate travel schedules and agendas, and other general assistance as required.
- Answer, screen and direct incoming calls of a complex nature, delegating those that can be handled by executive subordinates.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings including preparing agendas, reserving and setting up all meeting rooms, and connecting any digital conference connections.
- Perform potentially confidential and complex administrative duties involving Excel, Word and PowerPoint including typing letters, creating/updating spreadsheets, and compiling presentations.
- Provide project management and maintain momentum on high-priority projects, where needed.
- Maintain records and all legal documentation as well as the on-time delivery of mail and customer correspondence.
- Represent SpaceX in meetings and social events.
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail, ability to adapt to daily schedules and routines, and a focus on efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Available to offer support outside of normal business hours when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of experience providing support at an executive level.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Office applications and project management software tools.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience supporting a high level executive in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Several years of experience and strong computer literacy.
- Ability to participate in developing project scope, managing project schedules, and following up with stakeholders of all appropriately.
- Strong communication skills.
- Have attention to detail and a high level of organizational skills.
- Have initiative in resolving problems and be an independent worker, with enthusiasm and an energetic approach to work.
- Must be willing to travel to other launch sites, vendors, and customers as necessary. Up to 25% travel.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.