Support Technician - Dragon Cleanroom
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Support Technician – Dragon Cleanroom
The Support Technician’s primary purpose is to provide support to ensure technicians are prepared and able to complete their tasks. This individual will work alongside technicians and engineers in maintaining and improving site functions. Their responsibilities include basic installation, labor, and inventory, among other assigned duties.
- Supports Dragon Production Team activities
- General clean-up and maintenance of work areas
- Moving heavy equipment
- Driving forklifts
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed
- Must adhere to proper safety guidelines at all times
- High school diploma or GED.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Construction, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Electronics background is a plus.
- Self-motivated and works well with others.
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing facility.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be willing to travel. Up to 5%.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.