Customer Experience & Events Lead
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE & EVENTS LEAD - CAPE CANAVERAL
- Serve as one of the primary points of contact for both commercial and government customers for all logistics and programs around launch events at the SpaceX Launch Facility at Cape Canaveral (“the Cape”), including planning, logistics, execution, and on-site management
- Work with the Conferences and Events Sr. Manager alongside the Communications and Sales team to identify the best way to leverage events to meet business objectives
- Serve as a SpaceX ambassador at the Cape, welcome the guests and serve as the host for the customer; be available to give tours and assist with Cape related special projects
- Orchestrate key interactions between our executive staff and our customers, making sure appropriate protocols and cultural nuances are always considered
- Create meaningful moments for the guests
- Go above and beyond to make sure every part of the experience is seamless
- Develop and manage budgets for each event; create reports to track overall expenditures across all events
- Responsible for sourcing new venues and vendors for events, while maintaining current working relationships
- Coordinate security, registrations, and related logistics for participants traveling to launch events; ensure all related paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted on time
- Manage all ordering, shipping, and receiving of merchandise around launch events; staff and manage all events as required; including set up, on-site execution, and wrap-up
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years’ experience in marketing, events, customer service, or a hospitality-related field
- Experience with designing and managing large scale events
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or hospitality
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and possess a proven ability to thrive under deadline pressure and to execute on a number of projects
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with CEO level personnel
- Comfortable working with highly technical topics and demonstrate an aptitude for translating business goals into actionable programs
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Experience working with government and/or military agencies in the context of large scale events
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, results oriented team environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed to attend events
- Willing to work a non-traditional schedule to accommodate launch activities
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.