SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX is growing our HR Data and Automation team. We are looking for an expert in Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) who shares our to vision to provide innovative solutions and useful data and analyses that empower the HR group and company to make better decisions and be more efficient in their operations.
- Lead the planning, design, configuration, testing, and deployment of new functionality, improving existing functionality, reporting and analytics within HRIS systems, especially Workday HCM
- Consult with internal business partners to gather requirements, architect solutions, troubleshoot systems issues, and perform ongoing configuration/development of the systems
- Lead initiatives that require Workday integrations with other systems, both internally and to external vendors
- Evaluate, communicate, and coordinate the functional and technical impacts of Workday configuration decisions to stakeholder groups
- Lead and manage major releases for Workday (or other assigned portfolio assets)
- Identify, test, and communicate impact and enhancement opportunities associated with new Workday releases
- Act as the primary day to day vendor contact for Workday, with responsibility for monitoring vendor performance and building a productive long term relationship
- Work closely with members of the HR and technical teams to troubleshoot, identify system issues, and propose recommendations to resolve them
- Document system configurations, justifications, processes, workflows, and user instructions
- Recommend process improvements to processes and establish procedures that positively impact the organization’s operation
- Collaborate on process efficiency initiatives within the HR Data and Automation team and other partners throughout the company
- Drive implementation and upgrade of HR data systems, processes and reporting to maximize use of technology
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 + years of experience with Workday HCM
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Workday consultant or client pro-certified in two or more of the following areas: Workday Core HR, Workday Benefits, Workday Advanced report writing, or Workday Studio/Advanced Integrations
- Degree in business, information systems, computer science, finance, math, or economics
- Consulting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to summarize and present findings and challenges to all levels of staff and management.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, and deadline driven environments
- Demonstrated ability to design, present, and implement solutions including: timeline planning, requirements definition and documentation, test planning, and deployment approaches
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with members of the business and technical teams to troubleshoot, identify system issues, and propose recommendations to resolve them
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects with competing priorities
- Experience integrating internal and external systems with Workday
- Experience with Ultimate Software (specifically, UltiPro)
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Strong project management skills, including ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Broad knowledge/experience with multiple SaaS HR technology platforms and tools
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SQL
- Current/previous functional HR capacity
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.