SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Create, revise, and maintain planning documents to produce and test spacecraft and launch vehicle fluid components in accordance with design configuration and specifications.
- Develop technical understanding and expertise in the design and manufacturing processes of fluid components by working directly with design and manufacturing engineers and production technicians.
- Identify process deficiencies and implement improvements for manufacturing and test processes of components.
- Apply knowledge of processes and materials; including detailed assembly, testing, and machining for valves, actuators, and mechanisms.
- Interpret technical documents in regards to aerospace machining and manufacturing, database systems, and processes to create accurate planning.
- Validate and ensure latest configuration and effectivity are maintained throughout the manufacturing cycle.
- Provide status to management on workload and task assignments.
- Interact with manufacturing engineers and shop personnel to ensure work instructions are accurate and comprehensible.
- Process the necessary documentation to complete job assignments and resolve discrepancies in order to expedite the flow of material and work orders.
- Resolve discrepancies arising from incorrect paperwork or other related problems.
- Work with management to assist in resolving problems and developing methods and techniques for assured department capability.
- Minimum 1 year hands-on experience with mechanisms, valves, or mechanical systems (e.g. drivetrains, pumps, engines, etc.).
- Professional technical writing experience.
PREFERRED SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years of experience as a process planner in a production environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related field.
- Manufacturing industry planning experience.
- Strong analytical, computer, and written skills.
- Excellent blueprint reading skills and familiarity with CAD systems.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Knowledge of Teamcenter or other PLM software systems.
- General knowledge and ability to use or interpret CAD models.
- Experience with spacecraft or aircraft propulsion/environmental control systems.
- Experience with fluid or gas handling systems.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft application experience.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.