SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- This position will be responsible for welding assembly and fabrication on various small, medium, and large scale assemblies.
- 5 years minimum experience with manual GTAW welding.
- 3 years of experience in metal fabrication.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in blue print reading and lay out.
- Performing x-ray quality tacks and welds on Titanium, Inconel, and Stainless Steel.
- Familiar with welding specifications AWS D17.1, AWS D1.2, MIL-STD-2219, MIL-STD-1595.
- Able to perform fit up of assemblies in varying positions.
- Able to operate and understand computer-based work orders and specifications.
- Must be able to work 1st shift hours (5:00am- 3:30pm) or 2nd shift (3:30am-2:00am)
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends, as needed.
- Able to lift a min. of 25lbs. unassisted.
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, work in confined areas, and be able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.