Hardware Test Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
HARDWARE TEST ENGINEER
The SpaceX Satellite Hardware Test Engineering team is looking for dynamic Hardware Test Engineer I that will be work with a team designing and developing test systems. We are looking for engineers to support both spacecraft and earthbound products both in development and medium to high volume production environments.
- The role of Test Engineer (TE) at SpaceX will require that you have an understanding testing methods and tools for HW and limited SW design and development.
- The TE will be working under the direction of other test engineering team members supporting work to develop testing for avionics systems covering electronic components such as memory, sensors, communications buses, power conversion units, and full functional testing of an assembled electro-mechanical subsystem.
- The role requires you to aid in planning, designing, documenting, validating test systems for the projects as assigned.
- As a team member, you will be asked to help other test engineers to complete work on their projects and well as run projects of your own.
- Develop automation software to control automated test equipment, Units Under Test (UUT), and instrumentation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical, computer science or systems engineering.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Science Degree in engineering or equivalent area of focus.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively communicate ideas and designs.
- Ability to use standard lab equipment to help test systems and identify both hardware and software issues.
- Understanding of basic test equipment, measurement techniques and Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA).
- Strong plus if experienced spacecraft systems Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP), Manufacturing Test Procedures (MTP), and Qualification Test Procedures (QTP)
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.