Sr. Hardware Test Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR HARDWARE TEST ENGINEER
The SpaceX Satellite Hardware Test Engineering team is looking for experienced dynamic Sr. Hardware Test Engineer that will be responsible for designing and developing test systems. We are looking for senior, career-minded, individual contributor to support both spacecraft and earthbound products both in development and medium to high volume production environments.
- The role of Senior Responsible Test Engineer (RTE) at SpaceX will require that you have deep understanding testing strategies, methods, tools for HW and SW design and development.
- The RTE is responsible for working across teams with the product Responsible Engineer(s), Program Technical Managers and others to develop testing strategies for avionics systems that include a diverse set of electronic, electro-mechanical, sensing, communications and the full system integration.
- The RTE role requires you to be responsible for planning, designing, documenting, validating test systems for multiple projects concurrently.
- The RTE role requires that you insure test equipment project be delivered, on time, on budget, and meeting technical requirements requiring you to be able to plan, track, and status the state of the test equipment projects from inception to delivery.
- As an RTE you may be required to mentor, and guide junior test engineers.
- Develop automation software to control automated test equipment, Units Under Test (UUT), and instrumentation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical, mechanical, computer science or systems engineering.
- 8+ years of work experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Science Degree in electrical, mechanical, computer science or systems engineering.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements.
- Ability to lead and complete projects through strong communication skills and ability to effectively influence cross-functional business areas.
- Ability to troubleshoot, root cause, and repair issues with test systems and interactions with UUT(s) this will include both hardware and software issues and mentor in techniques.
- Expertise in test equipment, measurement techniques and Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA).
- Experience with developing hardware in the loop software test platforms.
- Experienced with spacecraft and spacecraft systems Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP), Manufacturing Test Procedures (MTP), and Qualification Test Procedures (QTP)
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, and TVAC.
- Familiarity with SMC-S-016 and GSFC-STD-7000A.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Must be willing to support limited travel both with-in the US and abroad.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.