SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DRAGON MANUFACTURING PROCESS PLANNER
- Interpret manufacturing/assembly drawings and process specifications to create accurate technician-level work instructions that fully conform to design requirements
- Create, revise, and maintain graphics-heavy, user-friendly instruction and process documents to produce and test flight hardware
- Incorporate redlines from engineers into existing technical specifications, test procedures, and technician-level work instructions
- Optimize order of operations and assembly sequence to maximize build efficiency and reduce the probability of technician error
- Convert existing specification documents into standardized templates and perform formatting overhauls in Microsoft Word
- Interact with engineering, subject matter experts, and shop floor personnel to ensure that work instructions are accurate and comprehensible
- 1 year in planning or technical writing within the automotive or aerospace industries
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with 2D and 3D graphic- and image-editing software, both raster- and vector-based
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (mechanical, aerospace, manufacturing, or electrical)
- Meticulous attention to detail, detailed with content and detailed at following procedures
- Familiarity with mechanical processes in a manufacturing environment, including complex fluid and/or mechanical assemblies
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Strong analytical, computer, communication, and writing skills (typing, spelling, grammar)
- Urgency to complete and improve mundane tasks that will actually require expertise and patient attention to detail
- An insane curiosity about how to improve things
- Microsoft Macro and VBA coding skills
- Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends if necessary.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.