University Outreach Recruiter
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
University Outreach Recruiter
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Talent Programs Team. The University Outreach Recruiter will help build on the company’s mission to recruit the best and brightest technical talent in the country by effectively partnering with top universities and college programs.
- Assist with the planning and execution of year-round collegiate and industry outreach recruiting campaigns.
- Coordinate and execute strategy at on-campus recruiting events, speaking engagements, competitions, tradeshows, and networking events.
- Build relationships with universities to position SpaceX as top employer of choice.
- Ensure timely communication of information with targeted school administration, faculty representatives, on-campus organizations, and students.
- Deliver high quality results in a timely manner under tight deadlines.
- Completed bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4 year college or university.
- Experience with university or intern recruitment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Prefer candidates who have at least 2 years recruiting experience.
- Experience recruiting for highly technical positions.
- Experience with multimedia, including photo and video editing.
- Ability to distinguish between the top 50% and the top 5% of talent.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and client service skills.
- Team player with a high sense of urgency to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Adept at functioning in dynamic environments, able to identify and prioritize tasks, handle multiple on-going projects, be flexible to change and able to juggle shifting priorities.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Basic knowledge of personnel policy and procedure in accordance to federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Must be willing to travel up to 40% of the time to execute recruiting events and support other SpaceX locations.
- Must be willing to work overtime and occasional weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.