Material Planning Coordinator
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Material Planning Coordinator
Operations Planning lies at the heart of SpaceX where our world-class Rockets and Spacecraft are built at an unprecedented rate. The Planning Coordinator helps support the tactical functions of the Operations Planning team to ensure we meet our customer manifest. This includes coordinating the flow of work between departments, updating systems that signal the broader business, reporting on critical part shortages, and driving continuous improvement.
- Update tracking and communication tools required to align Engineering, Production, and Supply Chain to actions for common success
- Support continuous improvement projects for Operations Planning
- Support metric targets and monitoring for Operations Planning
- Run shortage reports and highlight key shortages
- Resolve blockers that prevent Production or Supply Chain from delivering on time
- Follow up on purchase and work order promise dates
- MRP system updates, such as cancelling Work Orders and adding PO line notes
- Completed bachelor’s degree or 1 year of experience currently working at SpaceX
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 1+ year planning and / or MRP experience
- Great communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast paced environment
- Strong computer and analytical skills including proficiency in spreadsheets
- Ability to multi task and prioritize work and simultaneous projects
- Detail oriented, organized, and demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Complex manufacturing experience in an aerospace, automotive, or related industry
- Strong work ethic and a “can-do” problem-solving attitude
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be available for overtime and weekend hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.