Training Facilitator - Environmental Health & Safety
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TRAINING FACILITATOR - ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY
The Training and Development team is looking for a Training Facilitator to create, organize, and in some cases, deliver training at SpaceX headquarters in Hawthorne, CA. This individual will support a wide variety of training courses to educate employees in tasks ranging from operating rocket systems to compliance with federal safety regulations.
The Training and Development team is focused on helping SpaceX deliver on the learning and development priorities for the company through instructional design, evolving our learning content management systems, generating metrics and tracking as required, and facilitating knowledge transfer for professional development.
Performance in this role will be measured by instructional quality, on-time delivery of development projects, customer satisfaction, and flexibility to grow into the needs of the team.
- Develop and conduct programs to train employees on the safe operation and use of powered industrial trucks, aerial platforms, overhead cranes, and other industrial equipment
- Develop and conduct programs to train employees on safe rigging, confined space, respiratory protection, and (LOTO) lockout/tagout practices
- Coordinate with the (EHS) Environmental Health & Safety group and department managers to identify gaps in the training program and facilitate SpaceX training goals and objectives
- Design and develop engaging content and interactive learning for a variety of audiences and delivery modes with clear strategies and tactics to achieve desired learning outcomes
- Schedule training classes and coordinate with contractors to coordinate delivery of equipment used for training
- Administer written and practical exams and write performance reports to evaluate trainees' performance
- Participate in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to obtain useful information for facility trainings and help integrate information into the training program
- Maintain and revise existing learning products as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of experience in environmental health & safety or crane operations
- 2+ years of hands-on instruction experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- NCCCO Rigger 1 or 2 Certification
- OSHA Authorized Instructor Trainer qualified
- Overhead Crane/Hoist & Rigging Inspector qualified
- Ability to stand 8-10 hours/day
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. as needed
- Ability to go up and down ladders and stairs as needed
- Ability to work outdoors
- Understanding of safe rigging principles, and various types of rigging equipment and hardware
- Skilled in the safe operation of aerial platforms and powered industrial trucks
- Understanding of OSHA regulations as it relates to compliance and training
- Excellent instructional and presentation skills with capability to support several training classes while interacting with both instructors and learning participants
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in both written and oral formats
- Open collaborative style; ability to work in a team environment and autonomously with minimal supervision or direction
- Unfazed by ambiguity and comfortable in environments with shifting priorities
- Proficiency with MS Office products
- Curiosity to understand the strategic priorities for SpaceX and how learning and development can best address skill and knowledge gaps in the workforce
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.