Product Engineer, Avionics Systems
Product Engineer, Avionics systems
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Responsible for execution of testing strategies and troubleshooting for avionics hardware spanning PCBA board testing and defect detection, sensor/transducer verification, full functional testing of an assembled unit, and high pressure testing
- Write verification test plans, test procedures, and test reports against product requirements
- Modify electrical schematics for flight applications as they relate to reliability and manufacturability
- Design and troubleshoot test setups and associated support equipment to support execution of testing strategies
- Participate in manufacturing assessments of new designs and drive optimization for manufacturability and cost.
- Bachelors of Science in an engineering field, science, or math.
- At least 2 years of experience with electronic components, machining, environments testing, or unit level testing; significant academic projects, internships, and traditional professional experience all qualify.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together with the ability to assess risk and make design and development decisions without all available data
- Experience working in project teams such as Formula SAE or Hybrid Electric Vehicle.
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with electronic components, wire harnesses, and electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.)
- Experience with 3D CAD (Unigraphics, Solidworks or similar) and electrical schematic capture software
- Experience with Matlab, LabVIEW, Python, SQL, and/or National Instruments hardware
- Strong sense of accountability and integrity with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding atmosphere
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, and TVAC
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.