Applications Product Manager
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Applications Product Manager
We don't just build our own rockets; we also build our own business software. Warp is our proprietary ERP system, which manages the company’s supply chain, manufacturing, mission, and costing activities. We are seeking an individual driven to make cutting edge solutions trying to revolutionize and modernize the way rockets are made.
You will be working with a team of world class analysts and developers to grow our software to keep pace with the expanding launch manifest. You will be responsible for working with the business to develop innovative, world class, mission critical software while putting your finger prints on history.
The ideal candidate has experience developing software solutions in or around ERP systems with a deep background in requirements gathering, analysis, and execution. He/she should be comfortable being hands-on with complex technology, have a keen understanding of how it can bring value to a diverse team, and can drive solutions based on feedback from many directions.
- Formulate product strategy, vision, and roadmaps to ensure we are on the quickest and best path for success.
- Work with the different business areas and roles to identify their pain points, derive solutions to solve their issues, and provide the highest ROI.
- Generate requirements documents in business terms, and create clear requirements to enable application development for both short term and long-term needs.
- Present solutions and obtain buy-off from the user community in a clear and concise manner so that everyone is on the same page.
- Work with developers in order to create meaningful, powerful, and high quality solutions based on your requirements to meet the needs of the business.
- Provide project management skills to properly set and manage expectations and assure solution delivery.
- Analyze the impact, usage, and adoption of features to confirm they had the right effect on the business, and if not, make corrective actions to ensure it meets the required success criteria.
- Completed bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience operating as a software product manager.
- Experience with SQL.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Expertise working in a Microsoft .NET development environment and using Team Foundation Services (TFS).
- Familiar with SCRUM/Agile development.
- Experience working in fast paced development environments.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching software products at a high level.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority or structure.
- Proven track record of leading functional groups, defining, documenting, and deploying process change and associated systems capabilities.
- Experience working with a development team creating and maintaining software solutions.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem solving skills with the ability to create original and creative solutions.
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Technical background, with some experience in software development and databases.
- ERP and related systems development or implementation including Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Warehouse Management System (WMS), Quality Management and Execution Systems (QMS & QES), Supply Chain and Financial Systems
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.