Development Test Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DEVELOPMENT TEST ENGINEER
The development test team is a fast paced R&D focused group that supports testing of the latest vehicle and spacecraft designs.
- Create test stand concepts, fabrication drawings, wiring schematics, and instrumentation lists
- Design and analyze structures, fluid systems, and mechanisms
- Supervise the integration of test stands including fabrication, mechanical assembly and data/control systems
- Operate test stands with great attention to detail. (Tests have very little margin for error, so attention to detail is a crucial and essential characteristic of a development test engineer.)
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering
- At least one year of experience using CAD software
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in mechanical engineering or other engineering discipline
- Experience with Unigraphics (NX)
- Experience doing finite element analysis (FEA)
- Experience designing structural/thermal/fluid test stands from scratch
- Data acquisition and controls experience
- Hands-on design and fabrication experience
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.