Software Engineer - Hardware Test
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER – HARDWARE TEST
The SpaceX Satellite Hardware Test Engineering team is looking for dynamic Software Engineers that will work with a team designing and developing automated test systems and supporting infrastructure. We are looking for engineers to support both spacecraft and earthbound products in development and medium to high volume production environments.
- The role will require that you have an understanding of database and networking systems, UI development, and general software design practices with limited understanding of electrical design and equipment control.
- The role will be working under the direction of other test engineering team members to develop key infrastructure to allow testing for avionics systems in a mass production environment
- You will aid in planning, designing, documenting, and validating test systems for electronic components such as memory, sensors, communications buses, power conversion units, and full functional testing of an assembled electro-mechanical subsystem.
- As a team member you will be asked to help other test engineers to complete work on their projects and well as run projects of your own.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or electrical engineering.
- 2+ years of work experience in software development.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively communicate ideas and designs.
- Proficiency in at least one C-based programming language and strong Object Oriented Programming (OOP) ability.
- Strong ability to develop unit tests and debugging coding issues.
- Experience with source code version control such as Git and SVN.
- Experience with Bug/Issue tracking tools such as Jira and Trac.
- Background in working with measurement systems or test equipment automation.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Must be willing to support limited travel both with-in the US and abroad.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.