SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX is looking for an experienced and driven Office Manager to support our Redmond office. The Office Manager will be responsible for day-to-day administrative support and organization of the office. You will provide internal support to the team in the Redmond site, onboard new employees, oversee purchasing and inventory management, manage executive calendars and will be responsible of the smooth day to day operations and functioning of the Redmond site.
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring functions.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems and equipment procurement. Coordinates janitorial and other services.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Work with local and state government on permits and other initiatives.
- Maintain VP and executive calendar.
- Manages customer service response to all general inquiry emails and phone calls.
- Process and fulfillment of online sales orders.
- Book travel as needed for certain executives.
- High school diploma.
- 8+ years of work experience.
- 5+ years of work experience with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding organization, time management, and resource management skills.
- Exceptional ability to problem-solve effectively and be very detail-oriented.
- Possesses a positive "get the job done" attitude and remains flexible to our ever-changing environment.
- Prior experience working with city office and filing relevant paperwork.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.