Machine Maintenance Technician
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MACHINE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
- Maintains and repairs all assets to ensure their proper operating condition
- Troubleshoot, repair control devices such as PLC’s, HMI’s, CNC controls from various manufactures
- Able to read ladder logic and set up PID loops
- Troubleshoot, repair and overhaul of mechanical systems like, pumps, chillers, gearboxes, etc.
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments
- Provide maintenance on various equipment – gas burners, various ovens, vacuum systems, brake press, roll form, friction stir weld, spin lathe, etc.
- Driving forklifts and company vehicles
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 year of maintenance technician experience
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical repair
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- 5 years of maintenance technician experience
- Experience with vacuums, 3D printers, CNC, and oven maintenance
- Capability to operate a forklift and other related inventory equipment
- Experience within the aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic fields
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and drawings
- Ability to write detailed repair reports (advanced MS Office skills)
- Ability to use power tools and hand tools as well as heavy equipment
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies and industry standards
- Detail oriented, organized, and demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Analytic thinker that gets to the root of the problem and comes up with permanent solution to remedy the issue
- Must be able to work all required shift hours, overtime and weekends, as needed
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs., lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to work while standing on lifts and ladders
- Self-motivated and able to work well with others
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.