SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Assist with design, implementation, and day-to-day administration of benefit programs, including health & welfare benefit plans, 401(k) plan, employee perks, and other employee services
- Support annual benefits open enrollment planning and execution. Help develop effective communication strategy to educate and reach diverse employee population
- Assist and counsel employees and dependents on day-to-day benefit-related questions (via email, phone, walk-ups, and drop-in sessions)
- Manage correspondence with employees, benefit vendors, and state governments
- Partner with finance, payroll, HRIS (human resources information system), legal, and vendors to effectively and efficiently administer benefit programs, including ensuring accuracy of benefit deductions and streamlining current processes and procedures to ensure proper data flow to relevant parties
- Assist with provider premium billing statements and resolve any discrepancies
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Company wellness initiatives and employee perks
- Relocation administration for new hires and transferring employees
- Leaves of absence administration
- Workers’ compensation administration
- Bachelor’s degree
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Workday, UltiPro, or other (HRIS) human resources information system
- Bilingual in Spanish
- HR or Benefits certification (CEBS, PHR, SHRM-CP, etc.)
- Ability to use independent judgment and prioritize work
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Great attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Collaborative and team orientated
- Organized with ability to manage multiple high-priorities in a fast-paced, loosely structured environment
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.