Commercial Mission Manager
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
COMMERCIAL MISSION MANAGER
The Mission Management Office at SpaceX is charged with leading, at a programmatic level, the successful execution of the terms and conditions agreed to by contract with our customers. The team has responsibilities across product management, business development and sales support, proposal development, mission management, mission engineering, contract management, scheduling, and regulatory coordination.
Our manifest acceleration has created new openings on our Commercial Mission Management Team for experienced Mission Managers. SpaceX Mission Managers are responsible for all activities associated with an assigned launch contract. The Mission Manager also serves as the primary point of contact for the customer; not completing all technical tasks but rather ensuring that all tasks are completed in a reliable and timely fashion.
- Understanding all aspects of one’s assigned launch service contract and ensuring proper execution thereof
- Work with launch operations group to get all range and range related documentation submitted with payload inputs, and ensure that customer launch site processing runs smoothly
- Work with production group to understand vehicle readiness
- Generate all content for launch license applications (FAA and ITAR)—submit FAA, facilitate ITAR submittal
- Generate and manage the project’s master schedule and regularly report modifications to customer
- Coordinate and chair all customer reviews and ensure that contract deliverables are delivered on time and per the customer’s expectation
- Run all payload-to-launch vehicle integration meetings; generate and own the Interface Control Document
- Help technical staff understand mission effort so that they can plan their tasks appropriately to maintain schedule
- Ensure all mission related ITAR processes are adhered to
- Primary interface for SpaceX in customer-led mission reviews
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with 7+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of technical project management experience in an aerospace organization
- Prior experience working with launch vehicles
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in engineering or MBA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and external customers
- 3+ years of experience working with government, NASA, or commercial launch contracts
- Highly detail-oriented, diligent, and hard working with excellent customer interface skills
- Must be willing to travel to other launch sites, vendors, and customers as necessary. Up to 25% travel
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed to support critical launch and project milestones
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.