Launch Operations Development Engineer (Cape Canaveral)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LAUNCH OPERATIONS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (CAPE CANAVERAL)
- Successfully launch SpaceX rockets
- Seek out the solutions to technical problems with the local team along with the larger SpaceX workforce.
- Spearhead development automation within launch operations for streamlining future launches. This will consist of working with all SpaceX sites and responsible engineers to constantly improve operations.
- Track all progress on developmental areas related to rollout to launch and pad turnaround between launches
- Work with the ground systems engineering team to minimize the amount of time it takes to refurbish items on the launch pad between flights
- Be an integrated SpaceXer responsible for achieving the long-term goal of creating the world’s first fully automated launch system
- Be an integral member within team that is working toward automating data analysis for launch data reviews and day of launch testing
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience in a professional capacity, lab or outside the classroom project team
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience working on projects that involve the integration of electrical, mechanical, and software systems
- Experience testing and operating with or around hazardous systems (high pressure, high energy, hazardous gases & fluids, etc.)
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed balanced with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Able to communicate clearly and accurately with a wide range of people
- Must be willing to travel
- Must pass Cape Canaveral Air Force Station and Vandenberg Air Force Base background checks
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.