SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- This position will be responsible for welding assembly and fabrication on various medium to large scale structures and assemblies.
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 years of experience with welding.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years; experience in working with one or more of the following materials; Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Inconel, Aluminum Titanium and Niobium
- Proficient in blue print reading and lay out
- Proficient in plasma cutting as well as oxyacetylene cutting
- Knowledge and experience completing welds that pass visual before being X-rayed or dye pinned
- Certification with AWS D17.1 and D1.2 preferred
- Experience in overhead cranes & Forklifts preferred
- Must be able to work 2nd Shift (3:30pm-2:00am)
- Must be able to work overtime hours and weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.