CNC VTL Machinist
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CNC VTL MACHINIST
- Perform various VTL (vertical turret lathe) machining operations on precision components
- Set up machines to precise tolerances in a production environment following established procedures
- Utilize proper tooling to perform required manufacturing operations
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of VTL (vertical turret lathe) machining experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Capable of machining large diameter parts 12 feet or larger
- Able to make machine adjustments as required, check dimensions, etc. to ensure conformance to drawings
- Familiar with 5S principles and MRP systems
- Programming experience relative to understanding program coding and interpreting programs
- Proven capabilities to provide continuous improvement suggestions
- Experience making recommendations for improvements in processing and programming
- Experience in shop math, tooling technology, blueprint reading and measurement of parts
- Experience using precision measuring devices in a shop floor environment (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- Must be able to work all required shift hours, overtime and weekends, as needed
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.