SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Set-up, operate, and program CNC mill machines
- Responsible for drilling, tapping and milling
- Complete machining operations from blueprints, drawings and/or verbal instructions
- Maintain specifications by working with complex, tight tolerance parts and various materials
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in set-up, operation and programming of CNC mill machines
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Able to run Mastercam programming (X6, X7, X8, X9, 10)
- Able to run 5-axis programming
- Experience running horizontal mills
- Experience running lathe machines
- Must be able to read and work off of a blueprint
- Must be able to work all required shift hours, overtime and weekends, as needed
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting, exposure to typical shop chemicals (coolant, solvents, cleaners) are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.