Technical Trainer (Business Systems)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring explores the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Technical Trainer – Business Systems
A Technical Trainer is driven by the fundamental belief that education and knowledge are power, but a SpaceX Technical Trainer combines that belief with strong senses of urgency, creativity, and resourcefulness and loves opportunities for hands-on application. The ideal candidate brings applicable industry experience to the table and will be armed with strong communication skills and an innovative problem-solving ability.
- Create course materials, such as PowerPoints, student handouts, videos, and tests for instructor-led programs with student assessments
- Teach training modules (classroom and online) for production personnel on a variety of technical topics, centering on production management, warehousing and nonconformance tracking systems
- Target course development and presentation to a variety of audiences, from shop floor to leadership
- Maintain required records of training and competency evaluations
- Support the production training team in course development and administration
- Extensive understanding of relevant manufacturing processes and technologies
- Demonstrate knowledge of general processes and systems (e.g. workflow, Quality Management Systems, safety, using software applications, etc.)
- Support development of process specifications and research on new technologies
- Special assignments (i.e. supporting corrective action on audit findings, process/procedure development)
- Engage production management, engineering, quality and subject matter experts to gather required technical information on complex processes and technologies
- 3-5 years of hands-on aerospace manufacturing experience
- 3+ years of training experience within a manufacturing environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Experience with video editing and online training module development
- Skills to independently analyze, review, and research manufacturing/production management/nonconformance management processes and applicable standards
- Excellent oral and written training/communication skills
- Proficiency with the development of training programs and materials, including student assessments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2013 (and newer)
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated experience as a team-oriented self-starter, eager to meet and exceed objectives, with the ability to handle a multi-project environment.
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Position may require long hours and weekend work
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.