Manufacturing Engineer - Avionics Electrical Sustaining
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Manufacturing Engineer – Avionics Electrical Sustaining
- Support production and design requirements for existing product designs
- Performs component level root cause analysis on PCBA test non-conformances
- Determine manufacturing process level root cause analysis for production non conformances
- Coordinate root cause countermeasure implementation across multiple groups
- Track countermeasure effectiveness in production
- Perform production data mining analysis to identify non-conformance trends
- Generate reports of production test non conformances
- Perform training of production personnel and leadership
- Bachelor of science in electrical engineering
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in electronics manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in low level electronics troubleshooting and rework
- Minimum 1 year of experience with high-level programming and database languages such as Python and SQL
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency with Altium PCB design software. Must be able to create schematic, PCB, and drawing updates as part of the sustaining role
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Interpretation of product schematics and deep understanding of low level product functionality
- Basic SQL database experience
- Working proficiency with DFMEA and PFMEA methodology and implementation
- Experience with automated test methods such as JTAG, flying probe, or bed of nails tests
- Six Sigma Belt certification
- Hands-on engineer with a passion for continuous improvement and building the best hardware
- Demonstrated capability solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative design environments within the consumer electronics, mobile handset, medical devices, aerospace, marine or automotive industries
- Working experience in an AS9100, ISO9001 or equivalent quality systems
- Position may require long hours and weekend work
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.