VBA Developer - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
VBA Developer – Temporary position
The EIS (Enterprise Information Systems) team writes the software that builds rockets and powers SpaceX. We are responsible for all of the software on the factory floor, the warehouses, the financial systems, the restaurant, and even the public home page. Elon has called us the "nervous system" of SpaceX because we connect all of the other teams at SpaceX to ensure that the entire rocket building process runs smoothly.
- We are seeking software developers with demonstrable experience in building Microsoft Office applications. This is a critical role needed to maintain, develop, and overhaul financial applications used to analyze and ultimately reduce manufacturing costs. We are a fast-paced, highly iterative team that has to adapt quickly as our factory grows. We need people who are comfortable tackling new problems, innovating solutions, using most appropriate tools for each problem and interacting with every facet of the company on a daily basis. Creative, motivated, able to take responsibility and support the applications you create. Help us get rockets out the door faster!
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months
- LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
- SHIFT: Day
- 2+ years of experience developing interactive data driven applications using Excel VBA and SQL Server in a multi-user environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, or similar technical discipline.
- Understanding of SQL. Ability to write performant SQL. Ability to diagnose queries, and work with DBAs.
- UI - Demonstrated ability creating rich interfaces. Good judgment in UX/UI design.
- Quality - Demonstrated usage of different testing patterns, continuous integration processes, build deployment systems. Continuous monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and applying them in the real-world.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.